You Are Hiring A Team. My wife, Lori, is an Accredited Home Staging Professional. We will assist you with preparing your home to sell.
Why should you stage your home? Your staged home will look better than similar homes, allowing it to sell faster and/or for more money.
- Staging is a marketing tool. Buyers, agents and appraisers only know what they see, not the way it is going to be.
- Staged homes are recognized by other real estate agents as properties ready to sell and are more likely to be shown to potential buyers.
- Staged homes are recognized by buyers as the best properties to see. More buyers want to see staged homes, increasing your visibility and showings.
The way you live in your home and the way you sell your house are two different things. You must begin to think of your home as your house and your house as a product. This means letting go and moving on. I know your home is full of memories and you do not want to leave them behind. Remember, you are taking the memories with you.
If you are going to sell your house and get top dollar for it, you must make it attractive, just like a box of cookies on the shelf at the grocery store. Like a product, people will be drawn to your house because it looks better than the other products on the shelf. It needs to be the brightest, shiniest, freshest smelling house in the neighborhood.
- Detail your home like you detail your car. Most people put more into selling their car than their house, even though their house is worth so much more. If you were going to sell your car, you would wash it, wax it, vacuum it, clean out the junk and touch up the chips. Do the same for your house.
- Staging is not decorating. Decorating is personalizing your home; staging is depersonalizing your house.
- You need to alleviate things that distract the buyer from the property, the walls and the building. You are selling the house, not your things.